Prosciutto Wrapped Scallops
Scallops are a great source of protein, magnesium, and potassium, all needed for muscle growth. This low carb tasty dish has healthy fats and is high in flavor (and can also be grilled!)
Cook and prep time: 20-25 minutes
- 1 package Prosciutto (look for a brand that only has pork and salt as in Citterio)
- 1-2 lbs. scallops
- sprinkle Italian seasoning
- drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- drizzle balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350° F and prepare baking sheet. Cut prosciutto in half lengthwise to create enough strips for each scallop.
2. Sprinkle scallops lightly with Italian seasoning. Wrap prosciutto slice around each scallop.
3. Place seasoned and wrapped scallops on a baking sheet, leaving space between each so they cook evenly.
4. Bake 15 minutes, turning scallops over after 10 minutes; bake 5 more minutes. Remove from oven.
5. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and serve.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 18 g||28 %|
|Saturated Fat 4 g||20 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 526 mg||175 %|
|Sodium 1942 mg||81 %|
|Potassium 1619 mg||46 %|
|Total Carbohydrate4 g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0 g||0 %|
|Sugars 3 g|
|Protein 84 g||168 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|