This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Quick and Easy Veggie Stir Fry
This healthy side dish will give you a great dose of healthy fiber-rich carbs, with the vitamins and nutrients to keep you energized that so many of us lack! Serve this alongside meats and poultry.
Time cook: 15-20 Minutes
- 2 tbs. coconut oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 yellow squashes, or 1 butternut squash, chopped
- 2 zucchinis, chopped
- 1 bunch Swiss chard or greens of choice, de-stemmed & chopped
- 2-4 tbs. coconut aminos
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat coconut oil in large skillet on medium high. Add onion and cook 3–4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. If using butternut, add it to skillet first and cook 5 minutes before adding zucchini and yellow squash.
3. Once squash begin to soften, add chard, stir, and cover.
4. After chard cooks down, stir in coconut aminos. Add more or less … it’s up to you. Dish is done when veggies are soft and tender.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 12 g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 8 g||40 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 744 mg||31 %|
|Potassium 712 mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate15 g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3 g||13 %|
|Sugars 8 g|
|Protein 3 g||5 %|
|Vitamin A||60 %|
|Vitamin C||60 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.