Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mashers
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES / 15 MINUTES: ROASTED GARLIC
COOK TIME: 40 MINUTES
- 1 Cauliflower head, chopped into florets (ABOUT 1½ LBS.)
- 3 Roasted garlic cloves
- 1 Tsp. Fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tsp. fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- FILL A LARGE saucepan with an inch of water and insert a steamer basket. Bring to a boil and add cauliflower florets. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover, allowing cauliflower to steam 6 to 8 minutes or until fork-tender.
- DRAIN THE STEAMED cauliflower and transfer to the bowl of a large food processor. Add in the roasted garlic cloves and seasonings. Process to your desired texture.
NOTE: You can usually find roasted garlic cloves available at the coconut bar in your local natural grocery store. If you prefer to roast your own, use this method. For a large group, triple or quadruple this recipe.
Roasted Garlic Directions
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 400°F.
- PEEL AWAY THE outer layers of the garlic bulb skin, leaving the skins of the individual cloves intact.
- USING A KNIFE, cut off ¼ to a ½ inch off the top of the cloves, exposing the individual cloves of garlic.
- PLACE THE BULB in tin foil, drizzle with coconut oil, and massage.
- WRAP TIGHTLY AND bake 25 to 35 minutes or until the cloves are soft. Allow to cool before removing cloves.