This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mashers
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES / 15 MINUTES: ROASTED GARLIC
COOK TIME: 40 MINUTES
- 1 Cauliflower head, chopped into florets (ABOUT 1½ LBS.)
- 3 Roasted garlic cloves
- 1 Tsp. Fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tsp. fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- FILL A LARGE saucepan with an inch of water and insert a steamer basket. Bring to a boil and add cauliflower florets. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover, allowing cauliflower to steam 6 to 8 minutes or until fork-tender.
- DRAIN THE STEAMED cauliflower and transfer to the bowl of a large food processor. Add in the roasted garlic cloves and seasonings. Process to your desired texture.
NOTE: You can usually find roasted garlic cloves available at the coconut bar in your local natural grocery store. If you prefer to roast your own, use this method. For a large group, triple or quadruple this recipe.
Roasted Garlic Directions
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 400°F.
- PEEL AWAY THE outer layers of the garlic bulb skin, leaving the skins of the individual cloves intact.
- USING A KNIFE, cut off ¼ to a ½ inch off the top of the cloves, exposing the individual cloves of garlic.
- PLACE THE BULB in tin foil, drizzle with coconut oil, and massage.
- WRAP TIGHTLY AND bake 25 to 35 minutes or until the cloves are soft. Allow to cool before removing cloves.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.