Most of us are deficient in fiber and nutrients that come from vegetables. This side dish is simple and loaded with vitamins A and C, fiber, flavor and should be part of a healthy diet. Use fresh or frozen, and add in spices or herbs to change it up. The healthy fats will keep you full too!
Whatever you do, be sure to have this on hand to stay in optimal shape and with stellar health!
Prep and Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 Cup cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
- 1 Cup broccoli cut up into bite-sized florets
- 1 Cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup red onion, cut into small chunks
- 1 Cup zucchini, sliced and halved
- 1 Cup yellow squash, sliced and halved
- 1 Cup mushrooms chopped
- extra virgin olive oil, butter or ghee
- salt and pepper to taste
NOTE: Feel free to sub different or frozen veggie
Place cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, onions, zucchini, and yellow squash in pot with steamer basket and water.
Cover and steam 10 minutes.
Add mushrooms and steam 5 minutes more or until vegetables are fork-tender.
Serve and top with olive oil, butter, or ghee.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 5 g 8 %
Saturated Fat 1 g 4 %
Monounsaturated Fat 3 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0 %
Sodium 281 mg 12 %
Potassium 410 mg 12 %
Total Carbohydrate 13 g 4 %
Dietary Fiber 4 g 15 %
Sugars 6 g
Protein 4 g 7 %
Vitamin A 242 %
Vitamin C 60 %
Calcium 31 %
Iron 3 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.