Whitman Paleo Hot Wings
This spicy classic appetizer will be a group favorite when you make it at home. Protein filled and loaded with spices that rev up your metabolism, this will satisfy a group any time!
Cook and prep time: 45-55 minutes
- 25 chicken wings or drumettes
- sprinkle sea salt
- sprinkle garlic powder
- sprinkle pepper
- sprinkle paprika
- sprinkle dried parsley
- 1/2 stick cold or 4 tbsp. melted butter
- one 5 oz. bottle of franks red hot original cayenne pepper sauce (not franks wing sauce that contains canola oil!)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Place chicken on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
2. Season each wing with sea salt, garlic powder, black pepper, paprika, and dried parsley. Bake 45 minutes.
3. While wings are baking, prepare hot wing sauce. Combine melted butter and Frank’s RedHot Original Sauce in bowl and stir. (You could substitute with your favorite hot sauce, but be careful about ingredients: avoid added sugar, industrial seed oils like canola oil, and things you can’t pronounce).
4. When wings are finished baking, toss in hot sauce until evenly coated. Place half the wings in a large mixing bowl along with half the sauce.
5. Cover with lid and shake to coat wings evenly. Place on a platter and repeat with the second half.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 12 g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 4 g||21 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 55 mg||18 %|
|Sodium 362 mg||15 %|
|Potassium 127 mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate0 g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0 g||0 %|
|Sugars 0 g|
|Protein 12 g||24 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|