Carrot Ginger Soup
This vitamin and nutrient-rich soup will fill you up and ward off inflammation. Loaded with tasty ancient spices that help with chronic issues as in pain, digestive stress and weight gain...you'll be happy to indulge in a cup or a bowl!
Cook time: 60 minutes
- 3- 6 tbs. butter or coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/8-1/4 cup fresh ginger, peeled & grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups bone broth (P. 110)
- 1-1 1/2 lbs. carrots, & cut into 1/2 " pieces
- 2 tbs. curry powder
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- chives or parsley, chopped (optional)
1. Melt butter or coconut oil over medium heat in large pot. Add onion, ginger, and garlic and cook 15–20 minutes or until onions are tender.
2. Add bone broth and carrots. Bring mixture to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 20–30 minutes until carrots are fork-tender.
3. Puree in pot using immersion blender or transfer to high-powered blender. Add lemon juice, curry powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Garnish with chives or parsley if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 15 g||23 %|
|Saturated Fat 5 g||27 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 77 mg||26 %|
|Sodium 757 mg||32 %|
|Potassium 502 mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate19 g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7 g||29 %|
|Sugars 8 g|
|Protein 4 g||8 %|
|Vitamin C||10 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|