Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 6–24 Hours
Yield: 1–11⁄2 Cups
- 4 Quarts filtered water
- 2 Lbs. chicken bones (carcass, neck, feet and wings are the most gelatinous)
- 1 Medium onion quartered
- 2 Carrots cut into 1" pieces
- 2 Stalks celery, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
1. In a medium stockpot, add water, bones, onions, carrots, celery, and apple cider vinegar.
2. Cover and AND let sit 15–30 minutes to allow the vinegar to pull nutrients out of veggies, bones, and cartilage.
3. Bring to a boil and turn down to simmer. Cook 6–24 hours. Skim impurities off top with a spoon on occasion.
4. Remove from heat and cool.
5. Strain out the bones and veggies.
6. Store in quart containers or mason jars in fridge. You may also freeze in freezer-safe glass jars (cool completely first and leave room for expansion) up to 2 months.