This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Cream of Broccoli Soup
Getting your veggies has never been tastier.
This low carb, high nutrient soup will satisfy you for hours. Loaded with good fats, this is a must for any health-conscious person!
Cook time: 30 Minutes
- 2–3 tbs. coconut oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 leeks, thinly sliced (white part)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5-6 cups broccoli florets
- 1 can - 3.5 oz. full fat coconut milk
- 3 cups bone broth (beef or chicken. See P. 110)
- 1 tbs. lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat coconut oil in large pot over medium heat.
2. Sauté onion, leeks, and garlic until soft and translucent.
3. Add broccoli florets, coconut milk, and broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until soft.
4. Add lemon juice. Use immersion blender to purée contents until smooth. Season to taste. Optional: Add tablespoon curry powder at end of cooking and blend into soup for extra heat.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 17 g||25 %|
|Saturated Fat 12 g||61 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 27 mg||9 %|
|Sodium 165 mg||7 %|
|Potassium 371 mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate10 g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4 g||14 %|
|Sugars 4 g|
|Protein 3 g||5 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||72 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.