Green Garlic Soup
Prep Time: 10 MINUTES
Cook Time: 25 MINUTES
- 2 Tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1 Head garlic, smashed
- 1⁄2 Onion sliced
- 1 Head broccoli, cut into medium chunks, (use peeler to slice stem into strips for soup)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3–4 Cups bone broth (page 188 or 189)
- 2 Cups Spinach
1. In a large pot over low-medium heat, melt ghee or coconut oil.
2. Remove outer layer of garlic and smash each clove with the widest part of knife.
Place garlic and onions in pot. Slowly cook 10 minutes or until garlic and onions get a li le color and are tender.
Add broccoli, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook 3 minutes.
Next, add enough broth to barely cover broccoli. Cook 8 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
Turn heat off, add spinach, cover, and steam 2 minutes.
NOTE: If you add broccoli florets and spinach too soon, they will turn brown. It is crucial to cook the greens properly.
7. Remove from heat and uncover. Let cook a few minutes before transferring to blender.
8. Working in 2-cup batches, transfer soup to a blender. Start on low and increase to high. Hold lid tightly with a kitchen towel to prevent splatter of hot liquid. Alternatively, use an immersion blender.
9. Serve in individual bowls.
10. Working in IN 2-cup batches, transfer soup to blender. Sta on low and increase to high. Hold lid tightly with the kitchen towel to prevent splatter of hot liquid. Alternatively, use an immersion blender.