Cream of Cauliflower Soup with Turmeric
- 1 head Cauliflower chopped into large pieces
- 4 Tbsp. grass fed butter
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut or Hemp milk
- 3 Cups Organic Vegetable broth
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 Tbsp. Arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Turmeric
- 2 Tbsp. dried chives
- Pepper to taste
- In a stockpot, melt butter and add onion, garlic, salt, turmeric and chives. Cook on low until onion is soft.
- Add in arrowroot powder, and a couple of tablespoons of the broth, and whisk quickly as mixture thickens, stirring on low heat.
- Slowly add in hemp or coconut milk and remaining broth, stirring on low heat.
- Add in cauliflower and cover. Cook for 45 minutes. Stir occasionally as it thickens.
- After 45 minutes, or when cauliflower is soft, take half of the mixture out, and pour into a blender.
- Blend on medium for 30 seconds and then return to the stock pot and simmer for another 15 minutes on low.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
More Soups & Broths
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device