This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Autumn Cream of Pumpkin Soup
- 4 Cups Pumpkin peeled and diced into large chunks
- 4 cups organic vegetable stock or broth
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Flax milk
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut cream (save this for the last step)
- 4 Tbsp. grass fed butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 Tbsp. Sea salt
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 4 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds raw or roasted
1. Add all ingredients into slow cooker. Set on low. Cover and cook for 8 hours.
2. Pour in coconut cream and flax milk during the last hour and blend by hand.
3. Use immersion handheld blender in the slow cooker to puree all ingredients. Or, you can pour the mixture carefully in small batches (it's hot!) into a blender to puree and blend all ingredients.
4. Serve into bowls and top with pumpkin seeds.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.