This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
- 2 Tsp. coconut oil
- 11⁄2 Cups onion diced
- 4 Cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 2 Lbs. Ground beef (can substitute other ground meat)
- 2 Stalks celery, medium diced
- 3 Medium carrots, chopped into medium chunks
- 2 Tbsp. smoky spice blend (page 185)
- 1 Tsp. salt
- 2 Cups zucchini, cut into large chunks
- 2 Cups green bell pepper chopped
- 3 Cups marinara sauce (store-bought or homemade page 174)
- 1 Cup bone broth (page 188 or 189)
- 1–2 Avocados, cut into chunks for topping
- 1⁄2 Cup cilantro, chopped
In a hot skillet, melt coconut oil.
Carmelize the onions and garlic 4 minutes.
Add the ground beef to skillet and brown.
Transfer the browned meat and all other ingredients to crockpot.
Cook 6–8 hours on low or 4–5 hours on medium-high, depending on your choice of setting.
Serve in bowls and top with optional garnishes if desired.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.