South of the Border Chicken Soup
- 6 Cups organic chicken stock or broth
- 2 Chicken breasts, torn into bitesize pieces
- 1 Can diced petite tomatoes
- 1 Medium yellow onion diced
- 2 Carrots sliced
- 1 Parsnip, sliced
- 1 diced jalapeno
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tsp. cayenne powder
- 2 Tbsp. Cumin
- 3 Tbsp. Avocado Oil
- 1/4 Cup cilantro
1. In large stock pot, add oil, garlic, jalapeno, seasonings and onion. Sautee for 2 minutes on medium heat.
2. Add in torn chicken, carrots, parsnips and can of tomatoes, cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add in broth, and remaining ingredients, except for cilantro.
4. Cover and simmer on very low for 45 minutes.
5. Divide, and stir cilantro into each bowl right before serving.
Makes 4 Servings