This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Fried Eggs with Sausage and Mushrooms
Breakfast is meant to energize, not slow you down. This flavorful dish will keep you full with lean protein and healthy fats, and boost your immune system with the beneficial selenium, and B vitamins in mushrooms.
Prep and Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1 large link chicken or turkey sausage sliced
- 1/4 Cup button or mixed mushrooms sliced
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. Chives
- In skillet heat butter, sausage and mushrooms until sausage is browned and mushrooms are soft.
- Add eggs into the pan, top with chives and cook until eggs are desired doneness.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 27 g 41 %
Saturated Fat 12 g 58 %
Monounsaturated Fat 7 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 436 mg 145 %
Sodium 393 mg 16 %
Potassium 309 mg 9 %
Total Carbohydrate 4 g 1 %
Dietary Fiber 1 g 2 %
Sugars 1 g
Protein 21 g 42 %
Vitamin A 112 %
Vitamin C 4 %
Calcium 9 %
Iron 14 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.