- 1 Butternut squash, seeded, cut into small cubes (approximately 6 cups)
- 2 Tbsp + 1 tsp. avocado oil
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 1/2 lbs ground bison (can sub beef or other ground meat)
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 bunch kale, chopped, ribs removed
- 2 Tsp Italian herb blend
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large avocados, cut into chunks
- Handful of olives of choice (optional)
Dressing of choice
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line large baking dish with parchment paper. to 400° F. Line large baking dish with parchment paper.
In baking dish, dish, toss cubed butternut squash with 2 tablespoons avocado oil.
Roast squash for approximately 20 minutes or until fork-tender.
While squash is roasting, prepare bison mixture.
In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt tablespoon avocado oil.
Add onions and sauté 5 minutes or until translucent.
Add bison or other meat and brown meat.
ADD GARLIC, kale, and Italian Herb Blend along with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until kale is wilted and bison is cooked through.
PLACE SERVING of roasted butternut squash in individual bowls; add bison/veg- gie mixture; and top with avocado chunks, olive oil drizzle, or dressing of choice.