This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Baked Pork Chops with Mushrooms
- 4 Thick Cut bone-in Pork Chops
- 1/2 Cup Flax Milk
- 1/2 Cup organic beef broth
- 1 small yellow onion sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Avocado Oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 Cups assorted mushrooms (crimini, baby bella, button)
- 2 tsp. Arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp. Sea salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, whisk together broth, milk, arrowroot, salt and pepper. Simmer on very low stirring occasionally for 5 minutes, or until it starts to thicken. Turn off heat.
- In a skillet, heat oil, mushrooms, onion and garlic until onions are soft.
- Lay chops in 9 X 13 baking dish, cover with broth mixture, and onion mixture.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes, then uncover and turn heat to 375 degrees and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.