Slow Cooker Beefy Mushrooms and Peppers
- 2- 3 lb Grass Fed Rump roast or chuck roast
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 small yellow onion sliced
- 1 Cup cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup beef broth
- 1/2 Cup dry red wine (optional)
- 4 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Red pepper flakes
- 2 Cloves Garlic diced
- 1 Tbsp. Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1/2 Cup diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. arrowroot powder
- Turn slow cooker on low.
- In a large skillet, add all seasonings, onion, garlic, peppers and tomatoes and cook on high until onions are soft.
- Stir into the skillet the arrowroot powder and lower heat, cooking on low for 2-3 minutes stirring until it thickens.
- Add beef broth and wine to skillet, stir on low for 2 minutes.
- Lay roast into slow cooker and pour apple cider vinegar over the top.
- Add mushrooms around roast.
- Pour mixture from skillet over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- When done, with 2 forks, shred beef in the slow cooker.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device