This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Skillet Herbed Chicken
- 4 Small Chicken Breast Fillets or Thighs
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Clove Garlic, sliced
- 1/4 Cup Chicken Stock
- 4 Tbsp Fresh Mixed Rosemary, Thyme, Parsley, Sage
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Pinch Fresh Ground Pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil and butter with garlic, salt and pepper until garlic is soft.
- Add chicken and brown on one side on medium heat for 4 minutes, flip over and brown on other side for 4 more minutes.
- Add broth to the pan and spread herbs over chicken and cover.
- Simmer on low for an additional 5-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
To test if the chicken is cooked thoroughly, pierce the middle with a fork. When the juice runs clear, the chicken is done.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.