Mini Lamb Burgers with Pesto and Arugula Salad
- 11⁄2–2 Lbs Ground Lamb BS. GROUND LAMB
- 1–2 Tbsp Italian herb blend (page 185)
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1–2 TSP. Coconut oil or fat of choice
- 1 Cup Pesto (page 176)
- 4 Cups Arugula
- 1 Tomato, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 Red onion thinly sliced
- lemon juice or Simple lemon dressing (page 168)
In a large bowl, use your hands to mix ground lamb, Italian Herb Blend, salt, and pepper until thoroughly combined. Form into 1” patties.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt fat.
Flipping once, cook patties 4–5 minutes per side or until browned and desired doneness. Meanwhile, prepare Pesto according to directions on page 176.
Toss arugula with tomatoes, red onion, and splash olive oil and lemon juice or Simple Lemon Dressing. Place on individual plates.
Place lamb burgers on side of arugula salad. Add dollop Pesto to each burger patty.