The ancient practice of simmering bones, and connective tissues of beef, chicken, and even fish have shown to have healing properties.
Sip on a cup of this daily to ward off pain, digestive issues, and inflammation.
Servings - Depends on stockpot size (approximately 12 cups if using a large stockpot)
Cook time: 15 minutes + 12-72 hours of cooking. (the longer it cooks the more flavorful and nutritious it will be)
- 1 large chicken carcass (throw in the feet for a richer, more flavorful broth or use several pounds of beef marrow, knuckle, meaty rib, or neck bones for beef broth)Or more needed to fill your stockpot halfway.
- filtered water (stockpot sizes vary, so add bones, fill pot to cover bones, leaving space for vegetables and boiling.)
- ¼ –½ cup apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 1-2 onions, chopped
- 1-2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1-2 ribs celery, coarsely chopped
- Celtic sea salt to taste
*for beef broth, brown bones in oven for 30-60 minutes at 350 Degrees first to extract the best flavor
1. Place bones in stockpot and cover with water. Add ACV and let sit 30–60 minutes to draw nutrients from bones.
2. Bring to boil .Use spoon to skim foam and impurities that rise to top.
3. Add veggies, cover, and turn down heat. Simmer 12–72 hours, depending on preference.
4. Remove bones and discard veggies. Before serving, add salt if desired. Broth may be consumed right away or stored for later use. Note: Regarding veggies—use whatever’s handy, and it will still be good. Get in the habit of saving scraps of vegetables from leftover meals to use in your broths.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 0 g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0 g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 2 mg||1 %|
|Sodium 171 mg||7 %|
|Potassium 42 mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate1 g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0 g||1 %|
|Sugars 0 g|
|Protein 1 g||1 %|
|Vitamin A||34 %|
|Vitamin C||1 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|