THIS JUICE shot is a perfect accompaniment to the change of the seasons when your immune system needs an extra push. A citrus explosion, Immunity Booster is chock-full of vitamin C and other vitality-boosting nutrients.
The sweetness of the orange mixed with the tartness of the grapefruit and ginger’s spiciness makes this drink extremely refreshing. Prepare this concoction in the evening to allow time for it to infuse before you enjoy it in the morning. What better way to start the day than with an immunity boost?
- JUICE 2 BLOOD ORANGES
- JUICE 1 PINK GRAPEFRUIT
- JUICE 1 LEMON WEDGE
- 1 1⁄2 TBS. FRESH GINGER, CHOPPED
- 3–4 SPRIGS ROSEMARY
- 1 TBS. RAW HONEY
- WATER (OPTIONAL)
- THOROUGHLY WASH and cut oranges, grapefruit, and lemon. Remove all visible seeds.
- USING YOUR hands or a citrus juicer, squeeze oranges, grapefruit, and lemon into a mason jar. Strain juice to remove seeds.
- WASH, PEEL, and chop ginger. Add to a jar of juice.
- TOSS IN sprigs of rosemary and seal tightly with a lid. Allow mixture to sit and infuse in the refrigerator for 6–8 hours.
- OPEN JAR and strain again to remove the rosemary and ginger.
- ADD TABLESPOON honey and blend thoroughly.
- DRINK SHOT in one gulp or pour over ice and add water to enjoy as a beverage.
Why It’s Healthy
Flu-Fighting Citrus (Grapefruit, Orange, & Lemon)
Out of all fruit, grapefruit is arguably the best source of vitamin C. It is both high in fiber and low in calories and sugar, making it a smart choice for appeasing a sweets craving. Combined with orange and lemon, these citrus fruits can help the body fight infections as well as conditions such as fatigue, diabetes, and indigestion. They also aid with detoxifying the liver, the body’s primary filtration system.