This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Coconut Curried Shrimp Stew
- 1 1/2 Cups medium shrimp, tail off deveined
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Arrowroot powder
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 small red pepper diced
- 1 small green pepper diced
- 1 sweet potato diced into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp. curry
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 - 8 oz can diced tomatoes with chili peppers
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth or stock
- 1 Tbsp. Sea salt
- In a large stockpot, heat oil and add shrimp, onion, celery, peppers, garlic, tomatoes, sweet potato, and seasonings. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 1 cup of the coconut milk and the arrowroot powder. Stir on medium heat until it starts to thicken.
- Add remainder of the coconut milk and broth and cover.
- Simmer on low for 30 minutes.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.