Coconut Curried Shrimp Stew
- 1 1/2 Cups medium shrimp, tail off deveined
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Arrowroot powder
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 small red pepper diced
- 1 small green pepper diced
- 1 sweet potato diced into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp. curry
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 - 8 oz can diced tomatoes with chili peppers
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth or stock
- 1 Tbsp. Sea salt
- In a large stockpot, heat oil and add shrimp, onion, celery, peppers, garlic, tomatoes, sweet potato, and seasonings. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 1 cup of the coconut milk and the arrowroot powder. Stir on medium heat until it starts to thicken.
- Add remainder of the coconut milk and broth and cover.
- Simmer on low for 30 minutes.
More Soups & Broths
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device