Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
This thick and creamy chocolate chia seed pudding is made with chia seeds, nut milk, and its not-so-secret ingredient: chocolate collagen powder. Consider it your go-to for whenever those chocolate cravings kick in.
Chia seeds are a superfood rich in protein, antioxidants, and fiber; as well as potassium calcium, and iron. They are considered a complete protein, meaning that they contain all 9 essential amino acids that your body can’t make on its own.
Just one Tablespoon of these tiny seeds boasts 4 grams of fiber and 2 grams of protein—which means this recipe has approximately 16 grams of fiber and 8 grams of protein, not including the chocolate collagen powder!
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- It’s quick and easy. You’ll be in the kitchen 10 minutes, tops.
- It’s a delicious alternative to conventional snacks like Jell-o, protein bars, or cereal.
- It’s free of all the things—gluten, dairy, and sugar.
Here’s What You Need
- Nut Milk: To transform the chia seeds from tough and dense to soft and chewy in minutes.
- Chocolate Collagen Powder: To give this chia seed pudding its sweet, chocolatey flavor—while giving you your daily dose of collagen!
- Chia Seeds: To hold the pudding together. Once chia seeds absorb a liquid, they become gelatinous and thicken the liquid that they’re submerged in.
- In a bowl or jar, whisk together nut milk and chocolate collagen powder until well combined.
- Add chia seeds and whisk well.
- Set aside for 10 to 15 minutes, or refrigerate overnight.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.