This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Supercharged Matcha Latté
THIS EMERALD green concoction is bursting with an abundance of nutrients and healing benefits. The star of this drink (and the property that gives it its rich, green color) is the matcha tea. This delicious beverage also contains a dose of healthy fat from coconut oil, which provides the creamy taste and texture as well as an extra energy and metabolism boost!
- 2 CUPS Almond or coconut milk
- 1 TSP. Coconut Oil
- Pinch Whole, Unprocessed organic green stevia leaf or honey to taste.
- 1 TSP. High-quality matcha green tea.
- HEAT ALMOND or coconut milk in a small saucepan on medium.
- ADD COCONUT oil; pinch Green leaf stevia or honey, and collagen peptides if using. Warm to your desired temperature.
- ADD MATCHA.
- LASTLY, BLEND mixture using a hand-held frother or pour into blender and blend.
- POUR INTO mug and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.