This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
February 7, 2022
Matcha Collagen Latte
This matcha collagen latte is naturally sweetened and made with just 3 ingredients: nut milk, matcha collagen powder, and ice. It’s one of the top jitter-free caffeinated drinks known to man.
Matcha is a Japanese powdered green tea that spans back two thousand years. What makes it unique is the way that it’s grown…
During the last 30 days of harvest, the green tea bushes are shaded from direct sunlight using bamboo mats. This shading method is what creates the natural compounds of the plant—increasing the amount of caffeine, antioxidants, and L-theanine that the leaves hold. It’s also what creates matcha’s vibrant green color and non-bitter taste.
Matcha is definitely unique. But there’s one superpower this green powder harnesses: Energy—without the jitters.
Thanks to its generous serving of L-theanine—a calming amino acid—you get the energizing benefits of caffeine, plus the soothing amino acid, L-theanine.
So if you’re one who gets jitters and heart palpitations from their morning cup of coffee, this matcha collagen latte may be the solution you never knew you needed.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- It’s a perfect option for those wanting less caffeine or an alternative to coffee.
- It’s naturally sweetened with monk fruit—leaving you without the mid-morning sugar crash that a regular matcha latte from Starbucks may give you.
- It’s seeping in health benefits: Prevention of premature aging, increased metabolism, heightened energy and mental clarity, and more.
Here’s What You Need
- Nut Milk: To enhance the creaminess of your matcha collagen latte—without the dairy.
- Matcha Collagen Powder: The star ingredient! With grass-fed collagen, MCT oil powder, organic matcha green tea powder, and monk fruit, you’re getting the delicious taste (and benefits) of matcha alongside the bone-building, skin-plumping, hair-thickening benefits of collagen and the metabolism-boosting benefits of MCT oil powder.
- Ice: To chill your matcha collagen latte.
- Handheld Frother (optional): To create a creamy foam on top of your latte.
- To create a warm matcha collagen latte, simply heat 1 cup nut milk in a saucer over the stovetop and continue with instructions.
- For an added boost of caffeine, see our Dirty Matcha Collagen Latte here.
More Matcha Recipes to Try
As Community Manager of NativePath, Rachael pours her soul into the NativePath community by providing resources, encouragement, and accountability. Her favorite thing about the 40,000+ community is educating, assisting, and empowering members to make positive changes in their lives.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.